Of course the forsythia I cut for Thursday's Bumble Book Club meeting looked gorgeous two days later. Even so, I'm glad I did it because it sure brightens up the place. You can cut all kinds of spring-blooming willows or forsythia this time of year and bring them inside. The warmth will force early blooms on bulbs, too, if one were so inclined to dig into the frozen turf for daffodil or tulips. I'll stick with forsythia branches because I only have to walk a few feet out my front door to access them.
In other signs of spring, I've almost got my seed order ready to place. This winter I got one of those small shelf-style greenhouses to put on our front porch. Armed with starter soil, cardboard egg cartons, last year's seed harvest and the seeds I'll order, I have big BIG ambition for an early start on the season.
Since I'll have a wattle under construction, I plan to expand into the space beside the raised beds. I asked my guy (the landscaper who sells me wood chips) if it's too early to deliver mulch. He laughed and told me it would be a couple months yet. Until it's time, I'll doodle away on graph paper, designing the plan for the new space.
Carrots, lupines, peppers, hydrangeas, onions, zinnias, blackberries, cranesbill, tomatoes, astilbe, beans, lilies of the valley, squash ... that's what's on my mind lately. Spill it, reader. What's on yours?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar