First, I told you all a big lie Friday. I have no photographs of my Halloween costume to show you. As lame as it sounds to say I forgot the camera, it's the truth. (Yes, I know there's a camera on my phone, but I have a crappy flip phone and don't know what to do with the photo after I take it.) People took pictures of me and Mr. D but none have sent those images along to me. It's okay, though. Our costume stunk. I'm not terribly creative and Mr. D doesn't like to dress up so we went as ceiling fans. I painted t-shirts that said clever things like "Go Ceiling" and "Gimme A C" and added beads, face paint and pom-poms in coordinating colors (green and gold--of course! Conveniently the same colors as our local school district AND the Packers).
Coincidentally, my bowling stunk as bad as my costume. But that's behind us now, so I shan't dwell on it.
I handed Mr. D's big fake fur coat over to Mr. T and told him to go scare the children back in the woods. He gave Mr. B and Mr. G's buddies a little thrill, but I think they were too primed (see: Oooh--I bet we see the yeti today! Wait--is that the yeti over there?) to be truly terrified by Mr. T's growls. Drat.
But all is not lost. Mr. B wanted to go as a werewolf and when he puts on that huge coat with his mask, he looks totally beastly. Plus he'll be plenty warm wearing that thing while he canvases the old neighborhood tonight.
It's a dank day, Team Testosterone woke up irritated that school didn't get canceled for a major holiday like Halloween. I'm trapped at home with our handyman all morning (who I love-- he's a stout Dutchman who laughs after every other sentence and smells like Swisher Sweets--and he plays catch with Team Testosterone when he sees them at the park). On today's agenda:
1) Fix the broken window which resulted when Mr. D drove over Jax's bone with the lawnmower.
2) Fix the doorbell.
3) Fix broken closet doors upstairs.
4) Put a flap over the entrance to Jax's doghouse.
5) Prepare a plan to install a wood-burning stove on the back screen porch (we have two dust-covered wood-burning stoves in a corner of our garage right now, a strange but potentially useful inheritance from my grandma).
6) Balance the ceiling fan in the boys' bedroom (broken because they launch stuff through the air).
Happy Halloween! Spill it, reader. What candy do you reach for first out of the pile?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar