Rabu, 27 April 2011

the trouble with being superhuman

In case you're going on Friday, you should probably watch this.

And speaking of being superhuman (like the queen), am I the only one not enthralled by this summer's trio of superheroes offered up by the movie studios? Thor? Green Lantern? Captain America? No, thanks. Is it the casting or the fact that none of these guys were big players in the Justice League of my childhood? I'd be interested to watch AquaMan or Flash, but these other guys make me yawn.


My plate is overflowing, in no small part due to the popular perception that I am superhuman and can handle it all. Like an ornery child I'm pushing things around into different piles, smushing the potatoes into the peas and pretending that it looks finished enough to be excused from the table. How's that working out for me? About how you'd think. It's a matter of time before I'm busted for hiding the brussel sprouts under my napkin ...

Superhuman writer and humorist Jen Lancaster had a few thoughts on "couponing" the other day. I'll leave you laughing while I sneak this piece of roast beef under the table and feed it to Jax--the old "dog ate my homework" trick never fails ...

0 comments:

Posting Komentar