This Easter marked a momentous occasion for the PCP and, more importantly, me. Somewhere between the ages of four and five, the little darling outgrew smocking. *wipes away a tear* I was in a bit of a pickle on just how to dress the angel since my go-to john johns and peter pan collared shirts were clearly out of the question. But, as luck would have it, in a rare moment of practicality, I purchased a blue seersucker suit on sale at the end of the season last year. Well, precisely six days before Easter this year I realized that that was all I had purchased - no shirt, belt, shoes, tie - none of the other parts and pieces needed to turn the suit into Easter finery.
Since, in my so-Southern opinion, bow ties are just THE quintessential accessory for any devilishly dapper male, I knew that's where I had to start. Wanting something classic, yet updated, and wishing Honey and the PCP to match, I hopped on etsy to see what I could get made in my short turn-around time. After convo-ing countless bow-tie peddlers, I ended up purchasing two in the perfectly convivial Cherry Moon fabric from Divine Domestication. And I was just as pleased as punch when she hand made them to order and they arrived on my door step a mere three days later!
Now go tie one on, y'all. I'm meeting my dear, dear friend P, who I haven't seen in ages, for supper tonight!
xoxo
0 comments:
Posting Komentar