It's funny how I pause each night and each morning to grab Mr. T's pills--and then realize that he doesn't need them any more. Old habits die hard--I wonder how long before I accept the new normal. Two other happy discoveries since he's been off his medication and seizure-free: his tremors have subsided, improving his penmanship (which, frankly, can always use help) and he's sleeping a little less. He used to sleep a hard 11 hours a night--a bit much for a healthy 11-year-old boy. No drugs, better penmanship, better sleep. So. Darn. Nice.
The robins are here! Since Wisconsin weather is notorious for jerking people around I distrust most "signs of spring," but I'm confident in robins and crocuses. (Yes, I'll be tromping around in the yard today checking for crocuses.)
I've mentioned that I contributed to a little book about writing, specifically about finding a writing network and how to navigate publishing options in the Age of the Internet. You can get a copy of Writing in a Changing World at amazon.com now--if you're a writer or know someone who writes, it's a pretty useful book.
Six days until baseball starts and Mr. D becomes a scarce commodity around here. Mr. B had his first tournament team practice last week, Mr. T's wrestling season wraps up on Saturday and we're in the throes of Boy Scout Merit badges (2 of which I'm leading). I've cleaned out the kitchen cupboards and ordered my garden seeds. We're shedding our mittens and heavy coats and tracking in the mud. Spring brings flux to every part of our lives. Changes. I'm ready for them.
Spill it, reader. What's changing for you?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar