1. Last night I participated in a sparring match where I could only be defensive and my partner could only be offensive. To be fair, it was a bit of a grudge match and I took a shameful pasting. It really ticked me off.
2. I agreed to be the communication merit badge counselor for Mr. T's Boy Scout troop. Oy vey. The only reason I agreed is because Mr. D and I do almost nothing to help out the Scouts but our boy is involved. Frankly, I prefer dropping Mr. T off at his troop meetings and heading off to karate class with Mr. B. For two months I'll have to stick around and actually lead things.
3. When I read about the Wisconsin woman who found a quarter of a million dollars' worth of drugs in her new vacuum cleaner, I suggested to Mr. D that it would be pretty tempting to not turn it in to the police. He had every right to question my moral fiber. Although I was only saying someone might be tempted to keep $250,000 because that's a lot of money, but my imagination can be deplorable. I'd never do that myself. Heck, I discovered I hadn't paid for something in my shopping cart and after loading my groceries into the Momvan (in the middle of a blasted cold January afternoon in Wisconsin) I headed back inside to ante up even though it was inconvenient because I knew it was the right thing to do. I like to believe if I'm honest about $3.57, I'd be honest about $250,000 in shrink-wrapped cocaine.
4. When I ask the boys what they want for lunch or dinner and Mr. B answers "peanut butter sandwich" and Mr. G says "the same" I really really love them. Inevitably Mr. T pipes in, "can't you make (fill in the blank with some time-consuming casserole requiring ingredients not in my fridge or pantry)?" "No," I reply and resent him for not eating peanut butter sandwiches. "Well then can we go to (fill in the blank with restaurant names)?" "NO!" Our irritation runs both ways. My kid wants to eat fussy things and feels unloved because I won't give him what he wants. I feel unloving because I don't want to mess around with him and the kitchen and for the love of all things holy just eat a peanut butter sandwich already!
Then I introduced him to this:
It turns out he's willing to eat a chocolate sandwich.
Spill it, reader. In all honesty.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar