Senin, 13 Desember 2010

my skis are waiting by the back door

Apparently the blizzard we had over the weekend had a name. That tells you it was bad, right? We canceled all of our plans, including church, because no way, no how were we getting out of our driveway. The newspaper didn't even get delivered Sunday morning. Behold the view of our woods from the back window:

Relentless, that's what Blizzard Aiden was. We watched Elf, played games, made a lot of popcorn and lounged around in our pajamas mostly. I knitted, read and baked cookies. Precisely the sort of activity expected of one snowbound during a blizzard.

Then the sun came out, blinding us as it reflected off the snow, curing our cabin fever and beckoning us ...
I love how snow drifts and ripples, just like a lake or an ocean.

The children began building a snow fort and took the dog out for a much-needed romp ...


But he wanted none of it, broke loose and came to the door. They may have found this mutt wandering stray on the Keshena Reservation, but this dog's got no taste for snow.

So I did what any good dog owner would do. I knelt in front of the window and took his picture while laughing at him. Darn dog's gotta toughen up if he's going to live in this neck of the woods.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar