Selasa, 07 Desember 2010

fan-tastic

I have to come clean, people. I'm not a dog person. But even though Jax will never sleep on our bed, I can't blame the downed Christmas tree on him. See, he was in the basement when it went down both times--and the boys weren't anywhere near the tree when it fell, either. It was merely an accident of physics. You see, when you buy a tree that is almost 12 feet tall, there's bound to be some tipping. And when you don't center that tree in the stand so the gravitational pull keeps it upright, you get a floor full of needles and broken glass. After sawing off a little trunk and putting it level and dead center in the tree stand, the 2010 Christmas Tree has remained upright for 52 hours and counting now.

For fun, here's a photo of Lambeau Stadium during Sunday's game. You're looking at roughly 70,575 people.

Here we are with B and K, our good friends from California (in a roundabout way). While Green and Gold are the "official" colors of the Green Bay Packers, Blaze Orange comes in a close third. You see as much Blaze Orange at a game as any other color.

You cannot say you experienced Lambeau without tailgating before the game:


My husband has excellent friends who included us in their party. A pre-game beer is as much a tradition as yelling "Go Pack Go."

No, I do not have man hands. I'm wearing men's gloves. I just noticed how huge they look in this picture!

Even if you're not a football fan, going to a game is a pretty incredible experience. Reader, if you ever come visit me during the season, I'll have to hook you up with tickets. It's definitely one of those "bucket list" things to do in a lifetime--but more fun with great friends by your side. And if you're smart, you come visit in the fall before the temperatures plummet!

Spill it, reader. Have you ever gone to a professional sporting event? Who do you cheer for?

0 comments:

Posting Komentar