Minggu, 21 November 2010

a fifth

In honor of Thanksgiving, I'm spending the entire week giving thanks--100 things I'm grateful for, 20 at a time. One fifth of a long list of blessings every day. Life is bountiful and I've learned that keeping focused on the bounty gives me a more cheerful spirit. Cultivating an "attitude of gratitude" makes everybody happier, so Thanksgiving should truly be the happiest holiday of all.

Without further ado, twenty things I am thankful for:

1. Cheese. Smooth, creamy, sharp, tangy cheese.
2. Jami Nato's blog "From the Nato's" where she has inspired me to decorate my entire house using the pages of an old book for Christmas this year. (So long, Understanding Arguments, you dry old college textbook! You look fantastic as a wreath!)
3. A new school for Mr. T where he's doing very well.
4. Spare change in my wallet. Enough to donate to the bell ringers beside the kettle at the grocery store.
5. Blackbird's blog "say la vie" where she turns my attention to lovely, strange and wonderful things every week.
6. Tulips and daffodils in springtime.
7. Mr. G's smiling face every morning.
8. Mr. B's kind and generous spirit.
9. Comfortable chairs.
10. Yoga stretches that take the kinks out.
11. A sense of balance (both figuratively and literally manifested in my life).
12. Eurolush, who makes me alternately laugh and swoon with envy at her life in Germany.
13. Don Draper.


14. And well tailored suits, obviously.
15. Those monks who discovered the coffee bean, figured out how to dry roast and brew those beans into the sweet nectar I drink each morning.
16.
Mr. D allowing me to be a "kept woman"...for now.
17. A great church.
18. The freedom to worship.
19. Jesus, God's gift of grace.
20. NPR--(it's a rap tribute!):

0 comments:

Posting Komentar