We had such a generous weekend here. Mr. D threw his annual party for his worker bees and brought home 3 dozen leftover buns and a tray of ribs. I passed 2 dozen buns along to the neighbors who were throwing a party for their daughter on Sunday and they had relatives to feed. We cleaned out the garage, in part because Mr. D is giving away his beloved sports car to one of his former baseball players. The kid went school and is now working on cars for a living--he'll restore this one to its former glory and knock the cobwebs off of it. All the extra space in our garage! It's amazing!
If that weren't enough, Mr. B ran the training wheels from Mr. G's bicycle up to the neighbor girl because we're through using those forever. And Mr. D hauled the battery operated Harley Davidson police motorcycle over to our other neighbors' grandson because our kids are simply too big to ride it any more. Without wincing I threw away several busted toys and bits and pieces of things we no longer own or use. Then I swept and hosed the space down before putting what remained back in place.
I feel liberated when I look in our garage now. We can move around freely to get to what we need and use. I have no guilt about having too much, I'm happy to see people enjoying what we've outgrown.
And the neighbor gal brought over leftover birthday cake last night. What comes around goes around in a wonderful way.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar