Rabu, 29 September 2010

we wonder where he came from all the time

At dinner last night, Mr. G piped up through a mouthful of pizza, "MOM? IS MR. T ADOPTED?"
(Mr. G does speak in all caps--he's the loudest kid in our house.)
(Mr. G is also obsessed with the concept of adoption since his kindergarten teacher talked to his class about how she adopted her son.)

Me: No. No he is not.

Mr. G: AM I ADOPTED?

Me: Yes. Yes you are. (Because it's so much fun to mess with this kid.) There was this mama monkey at the zoo and she couldn't take care of you, so we cut off your tail and brought you home.

Mr. T: (warming to the theme) And we shaved off all your hair to make you a boy!

Mr. G: (grinning with delight) So I'm really adopted?

Mr. T: You were a monkey.

Me: Yes, we took you home from the zoo and now you belong to us. Our baby monkey.

Mr. T: We shaved you, cut your tail off and made you into a boy.

Mr. G: (sighing) I KNEW IT!



I started laughing all over again when I told Mr. D about this last night while watching SoA.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar