Kamis, 05 Agustus 2010

even the political jokes had me howling

We were invited to join a group of people at a comedy club last night. It was a very nice invitation as most of these folks have kids attending the parochial school we're sending Mr. T to this fall. Everyone was kind, welcoming, excited to have Mr. T at this school, genuinely interested in knowing us better. It felt lovely to be included.

I got the skinny on behind-the-scenes things at the school that the teachers and principal would never share, bolstering my confidence in our choice. I admired how fun these people were. Really, really fun.

And then the two comedians took the stage. My stomach hurt from a particularly well-devised torture the day before at the dojo. It hurt worse--my face hurt too--from laughing so hard.

Today I'll write a thank-you note to Don and Molly, the couple who generously invited us and introduced us around. A perfect opportunity to use nice stationery--like the FABULOUS cards Erin makes at Ink Obsession Designs. The same note cards I'll give away to one lucky winner chosen from this week's commenters. Leave a comment, you have a chance to win a box of Ink Obsession Designs note cards. I'll pick a winner Sunday.

Spill it, reader. Who will you thank today? For what?

0 comments:

Posting Komentar