Jumat, 23 Juli 2010

little bits

*I heard crickets last night for the first time this summer.
* And the sump pump going off at regular intervals.
* I feel compelled to throw a party and invite scads of people for a huge game of Capture the Flag. I should wait until the woods dries out--over half of our acreage is flooded. Capture the Flag ought to be played with the advantage of a wooded terrain.
* Of course, watching Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief last night further cemented the awesomeness of idea.
* I bought shiny new running shoes for Mr. B and Mr. T.
* We start running 3 miles to prepare for their black belt candidate training tomorrow. If it's dry enough.
* We didn't start earlier because they were both in soccer and soccer requires much running. But that ended last Saturday.

Come on, like you didn't see Another Gratuitous Photo of Team Testosterone coming?
That bottled water by Mr. T & Mr. B did NOT come from me, BTW.

* I believe I called it "Black Belt Candidate Training" when I did it last fall--obviously it was much more important when I was involved, hence the capitalization.
*Alyssa Goodnight commented yesterday that she discovered a smelly pen called "Ninja Berry." The power of "Ninja" is everywhere.
* "Aunt B" sent the remastered Beastie Boys CD to continue Team Testosterone's music education. They're officially truly, madly and deeply in love with Aunt B and the Beastie Boys.
* Past the raspberry madness of gallons per picking. Now I only find a pint at a time. They seem to taste better this way.
* Her return made my week brighter.
* Am I the only one looking at a summer bucket list and feeling freaked out by the looming shadow of fall?


Spill it, reader. In little bits. What's new?

0 comments:

Posting Komentar