I'm sure you all thought I was curled up with Jason Bourne for the past 48 hours, but I assure you that wasn't the case. So! Busy! Here! Summer fun never seems to end. We even raced over to catch a ball game yesterday. Doug Davis was pitching and the Timber Rattlers won. Very thrilling. And Big Daddy had us in good seats to boot--patio seating with our very own waitress so I didn't have to trek up to the concession stand and wait in line every 15 minutes. Nice.
In April Adrienne over at the Story Board created this pretty little picture. She calls it "Wishful Thinking" and I was enchanted by it. I see the gardens and flowers everywhere I go and I see where they should be, too. I had to own that picture. Adrienne was kind enough to sell it to me and here it is on my wall! Doesn't it look charming? I smile every time I walk past it. My sons like it too. Mr. B told me that "whoever did this is a good drawer. They should draw pictures for children's books."
It thrills me to have her work on my wall. I can't believe it's mine!And I made more jam--in fact, Daisy from Compost Happens came over and jammed with me. I'm not the jam-master my neighbor is, but I passed along all the knowledge of my fore-jammers and the raspberry jam I made turned out good. I even squashed out some of the seeds for that batch. Daisy helped pick the berry patch and took an ice cream bucket of raspberries home to make her own the next day--a jammy success!
And today? Pick berries again, pull weeds, run errands, and knock "watching Toy Story 3 at the drive-in" off our bucket list. And figure out a way to convert hundreds of Grandma A's vacation slides into pictures for a gift...any suggestions on this front? I'm clueless.
Spill it, reader. What's on your summer bucket list?



0 comments:
Posting Komentar