Rabu, 09 Juni 2010

dresses!

We all agree, then, that Emily Dickinson must have been a little zingy to garden in a white dress. But I confess, I do love a dress. I don't wear them often--mostly to church or to the occasional event (wedding, funeral, fancy dinner). I love how dresses and skirts swish around my legs. I like how a well-cut dress brings out the best in my body type while concealing the worst. I like how ladylike a dress makes me feel. From girlhood on, I've always owned dresses and worn dresses.


I think I'd have enjoyed living in the 50's and wearing crinoline. I wore poufy skirts to my junior prom with crinoline beneath to my wedding. I spun in twirly circles admiring my full skirts on both occasions.


I confess, I'm a lady who says "Yes!" to wearing a dress. And Friday night I get to wear one to a wedding--lucky me!

Spill it reader, are you a lady who likes dresses? What's the most ladylike outfit or clothing you love to wear? Remember, all your comments enter you to win a copy of Alyssa Goodnight's FABULOUS novel Unladylike Pursuits.



0 comments:

Posting Komentar