Selasa, 15 Juni 2010

because sharing is caring

Sounds like this groovy new countertop paper towel dispenser is a guaranteed FAIL based on everyone's comments. I'm sure if I shopped more, I'd find other horrifying products out there. As if I need another reason to avoid stores!

It's another cloudy, chilly day. The Debacle of Greed in the Gulf (I will NOT coyly refer to it as an "oil spill"--spills are what happen to glasses of milk and your comments. "Spill" does not accurately describe people drilling into the Earth's core below thousands of cubic tons of pressure to siphon out capitalism's 2nd favorite currency without an adequate understanding of the Laws of Physics) still commandeers the headlines. The Women's Colony is folding. Happyland Elementary politics depress me and I'm certain I'm not getting enough fiber.

What's a girl to do? Focus on the positive and share with you a short list of things that made me smile:

This story in Sunday's paper (click the link and your hope in teenagers will be restored).

Our cat, who is not inclined to do cute things, is curled up in Mr. B's guitar case on the floor beside me.

Oh dear, she's taken to posting pictures of her CAT!

Singing "Little Bunny Foo-Foo" with Team Testosterone in the Momvan on the way home from karate last night. They do the "bopping them on the head" gestures with particular enthusiasm.

Playing Around the World in light rain with Team Testosterone. A lot of laughing, a lot of bad shots, it morphed into a pick-up game and no one got hurt or mad.

Learning that my advice to someone was taken and applied with good results. While in Utah, I advised Nina's son to buy his wife something special. They're expecting their first baby. "Everyone is focusing on her, when the baby comes, she's suddenly playing second fiddle. Flowers won't cut it. Get her some fabulous surprise." He did and his wife was SO pleased. Isn't that lovely?

Reading Myla Goldberg's Bee Season. It is SO good, people.

Lavender in bloom. Inhale. Savor. Exhale. Repeat.


Spill it, reader. (Your comments, not your coffee!) What's made you smile in the past few days?






0 comments:

Posting Komentar