I've got my ipod shuffle loaded and juiced up for tomorrow's Black Belt Qualification Test--which is better than me getting loaded and juiced up, although there is no steroid testing in martial arts that I'm aware of. I've mentioned how disco makes my 3-mile run easier. I've got The Emotions, Roberta Flack, ABBA, Good Charlotte and Donna Summer singing me through. They're not my favorite-favorite tunes, but they're my favorite-get my body moving tunes.
In the Momvan I'm an NPR gal. But sometimes I tire of chamber music (but I never get sick of baroque) and Simply Folk (especially when we're on our seventh union battle cry
song of the hour). Then it's time to channel surf. I skip through the caustic hate-mongering talk shows. I skip commercials, rap, death metal and hip-hop. I like a local "lounge" music station, alternative and some country on my radio. I always stop on stations playing Neil Diamond, Eddie Money, Barry Manilow, Bruce Springsteen, the Dixie Chicks, Stevie Wonder, Pat Benetar or Talking Heads. But the following acts are guaranteed to make me press the channel-changer button:
Green Girl's Ear-itating List
Shania Twain
Boston
Kansas
Creed
Celine Dion
The Beatles (I know! But I do!)
Chicago
Rod Stewart
The Carpenters
Styx
Air Supply
Fleetwood Mac
Spill it, reader, which acts make your Ear-itating List?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar