Rabu, 30 September 2009

first frost

The first frost came a week late this fall, but that's poor compensation for the crappy summer weather we had in Wisconsin. Ever in denial of the end of summer, I covered my vegetable garden last night while my neighbor man laughed at my feeble attempts to keep the fresh tomatoes coming to our table. I did, however, concede to wearing socks for the first time in months.

The manuscript is edited.
My lesson plan for Thursday is finished.
The pool is drained.
The pool toys are dry and deflated.
The towels are washed, folded and stacked.
The lawn chairs are collapsed and leaning against the wall.
The pantry and freezer are stocked with berries, tomatoes and beans.
Mr. G and I will clean out the garage this morning so there's room to store summer toys and equipment. We'll pick the last of the beans and tomatoes and chop off all the sunflower heads for drying.

Mr. B's sinuses will clear up after this frost.
We have a mountain of huge pine cones that I should make wreaths out of.
I'm cooking meals again, hot meals that make the house smell good, hot meals with hot side dishes and desserts because cooler weather means turning on the oven will be nice.
We still need straw, pumpkins and some bulbs.
While I attack my fall chore list the back of my throat feels like this:
itchy & scratchy

0 comments:

Posting Komentar