Kamis, 10 September 2009

blessings

* Mr. T got a B on his health quiz and a good report from his teacher. His attitude for me at home has been FANTASTIC all week.

* 7 new parents came to last night's PTA meeting and all the usual suspects returned and signed up for committees and took on responsibilities.

* I enjoyed coffee with Amanda, my local writing partner, and passed her the first 2 chapters of Kicks Like A Girl, newly revised per the Screw Iowa advice.

* Mr. D knew exactly what to say and how to listen when I needed his support last night. And he gave me really good advice.

* The pear bread was awesome, so I made more. It's chewy and a little crisp on the crust and the nuts make it crunchy while the pears make it moist. I ate half a loaf by myself.

* Now I'm down to only one case of pears.

Pear Bread

3 eggs
1 1/2 C sugar
3/4 C vegetable oil
1 t vanilla extract
3 C flour
2 t baking powder
2 t cinnamon
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
4 C peeled, cored, finely chopped pears
1 t lemon juice
1 C chopped walnuts OR pecans

Combine the eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla, mixing well. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir into egg mixture until just moistened. Toss pears with lemon juice. Stir pears and nuts into batter (will be VERY thick). Spoon into 2 greased 9" loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 55 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar