Jumat, 15 Mei 2009

sure sign of summertime

I've written about Mr. D's annual awesome summer gift to me before. (Click and read if you need the backstory, new readers--it was a short entry.) Tonight our new hire is coming by the house to meet me and review our contract. I've printed a schedule for him to look over. I've listed his responsiblities, ranging from child care to weed extermination, window washing to tree clearing. We'll hammer out the fine print issues (will I feed him lunch or will he take care of his own? what flavor Gatorade should I stock in the fridge? when will he be out of town for baseball/football camps?) and discuss the big projects (we'll dig up and replant the strawberry patch). Mr. D will show him around the house, paying special attention to the basement where the new hire will take batting practice at the end of every workday (yes, my husband always has ulterior motives). The children will adore him and adopt him as their own, Mr. G will probably cling to him like a deranged spider monkey.
But one questions remains: what shall I call this new character in my blog? The last two years we had "Lefty," so named for his pitching. This kid hits the ball pretty well, he's vying for the best stats on the team this season. I cannot recall for the life of me what position he plays on the field, so that's no help. Leave your suggestions and I'll use the winning nickname for him all summer long.
And for fun, tell me your favorite summertime present!

0 comments:

Posting Komentar