Rabu, 06 Mei 2009

baseball and domesticity

Mr. D's team finally won a baseball game. Sure, they won it 2-1. Yes, there was a terrifying error in the seventh inning where they might have thrown it all away, but it was a happy ending indeed. A good way to start the week--his team plays Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I could not bear for them to lose 4 games in one week.

Got my hair cut yesterday and I'm not 100% sold on it. Lots of layers. We'll see.

Mr. T was all concerned last night about how he'd get calcium, protein and Vitamin D without milk in his diet. This coming from a kid who wants to eat Lucky Charms and donuts for breakfast and Pringles and Lunchables for lunch. (Sheesh, quit looking at me like that--just because he wants to eat those things doesn't mean I let him!) I told the little dietary guru that he'd be just fine--if he'd actually eat his 5 servings of fruits and veg every day like he's supposed to he'd get all the nutrients he needs.
Mr T: Five servings?!? That's more than I eat in like an entire week!
Me: Yeah. So you better start stepping up, my friend.

It's raining buckets today--and one drainspout is emptying perfectly into one of our new rain barrels. I put out my Aunt Till's plants (5 days before Mother's Day) because I'm very optimistic and they really like rainwater. My daffodils and tulips are gloriously open and the phlox has started to bloom too. All that's left is the new contractor showing up with my dirt and his backhoe to level out my new veg garden. Meanwhile, I found a place to buy asparagus roots for when it's ready. And I've got my other new flower bed all planned out--can you tell I've got spring fever?

I'm not prone to spending money on silly things--I do enough damage to D's wallet between bookstores and greenhouses. And I confess to spending extra on Mrs. Meyers Clean Day dishsoap because I love the smell--it makes the chore of washing up less tedious. But gee whiz, are these not the cutest things ever? Gloveables. I do think they're loveable. If some kid were to spend less than $20 on a Mother's Day gift, what would you ask them to buy you?

0 comments:

Posting Komentar