*Mr. B has a new team baseball cap, complements of Mr. D, and he's wearing it everywhere.
*A heron flew above me the other day, circled and landed in the neighbor's swampy back yard. It was amazing to watch--it's wingspan was enormous, it's call eerie.
*Mr. B and Mr. G start swimming lessons today. I hope they get good teachers. I hope there aren't any bratty kids in their classes and I hope there aren't any annoying mothers. I'll bring reading material just in case.
*I started reading Sweet and Low by Rich Cohen. I wish I could go back to New York and look more closely for the things he writes about--the shipyards, Navy Pier, and I was only in Manhattan, not Brooklyn.
*I'm peeved that I forgot to ask the assistant manager at the grocery store a question last night when I returned our milk bottles. I'm wondering why they keep the pregnancy tests behind the service counter next to the cigarettes.
*Last night on "Diners Drive ins & Dives" a pizza maker in Texas who hailed from Chicago said that he only uses "Wisconsin cheese" because it was the best kind. I knew that, but it was nice to hear him say it.
*Now I'm craving pizza from Stuc's and nothing else is gonna cut it.
*I still wonder WTF those folks at AIG were thinking to award those bonuses in the first place. That sort of behavior does not instill faith in common decency.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar