Rabu, 25 Februari 2009

taking stock

Today's as good a day as any to take stock--Kalurah at While They Play tagged me for her meme, "Love Me, Love Me Not."

1. List 5 things you
do NOT love about yourself.
2. Then list 5 things you
DO love about yourself.
3. Tag 5 other people.
4. Check back with the 5 people you tagged. You may be surprised to find out how many things you have in common.

I do--I curse like a sailor.

First--things I do NOT love about myself:
1. I have a terrible temper--while I'm generally pretty even-tempered, my rage can FLARE up with uncontrollable ferocity on occasion (though less and less as I get older).
2. I wish I could talk more freely about my faith, but I can't, won't and don't. It's almost as though I'm ashamed of being a Christian and that makes me feel horribly hypocritical.
3. I swear WAY too much. Been working on reducing my cursing for a long time and while I've improved, I still hear myself drop an f-bomb without even thinking about it--and I always cringe inside when I do.
4. My skin--sensitive, prone to rashes, break-outs and stray hairs--sheesh.
5. I hate that flab of a belly that hasn't left since Mr. G was born. And my breasts have completely lost any definition. Really, a torso replacement would be a lovely thing...


My great brain.

Five things I DO love about myself:
1. I'm smart. I've got one of those brains that never shuts down--always clicking away and filing information. Consequently, I can be very witty and funny in the moment.
2. I have outstanding editing skills. Unfortunately this works better on other people's work than on my own, but I can take almost any piece and help make it better. I was a good writing teacher in part because of this.
3. My good endurance for a lot of things--physical and otherwise. In karate I can outlast kids half my age without tiring which pleases me.
4. I do have awesome hair.
5. I've become very comfortable being alone in the woods--being 'still' isn't something that comes naturally to me (a little ADHD), but I've learned how to do it and it gives me a balance that I now depend on. I'm a much quieter person than I thought I'd end up becoming.

I'm tagging:
Jen (on the Edge)
Mom on the Run at Abnormally Normal
Jenn (at Juggling Life)
Julia (at Midwest Moms)
Adrienne (at The Story Board)

And as a perfect finish, I must tell you, I was able to zip up my wedding dress. It was t-i-g-h-t, but I did so and could breathe. Then I stood in front of my mirror and admired how pretty my dress looked for several minutes. Such a silly girl. The satin pumps, however, did NOT fit. I was very surprised to find them beneath the dress packed in the box--a garter too. Who knew?

0 comments:

Posting Komentar