Rabu, 24 Desember 2008

mommy needs some extra nog

I'm tracking three HUGE gifts again and hoping the UPS guy gets here before the day is up. We've got the ingredients for tonight's homemade pizza and a date on the sledding hill at 9 sharp this morning. Church starts at 4 and our family's annual viewing of It's a Wonderful Life at 8. I expect I'll cry like I always do as the citizens of Bedford Falls show up with their money and George Bailey realizes how much he matters. It always makes me verklempt. (At last! I love that word, but never had a chance to use it until this very moment!) I predict irritation at Team Testosterone who will be determined to stay awake to greet Santa--and I'll have to use all my ninja stealth to avoid their curious ears and eyes tonight while staging the scene for tomorrow morning.

Here's to miracles and grace tonight--for all of us.

Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Posting Komentar