Kamis, 21 Agustus 2008

A cup of coffee, a cat and thou


Mmm! Mouse heads ... nearly as good as roly poly fish heads.

After the first good night's sleep I've had in days, I opened up the cupboard to find that I've again bought DECAF instead of regular coffee. This dang company puts the "decaf" label in such tiny letters--I need a more obvious cue, like a different colored or different shaped package. Meanwhile, I am coming to terms with the fact that I have a problem.

All I want is a proper cup of coffee, a proper cup of coffee from a copper coffee pot.

Above is a picture of Violet the Semi-Stray Cat who returned and immediately began yowling on the porch. Isn't that sweet? She brought me a present. Then she bit it's head off.

Yesterday Mr. T told me he was ready to go back to school. After reeling from the shock of hearing him say that, I asked him why. "Because by the time you start yelling about how you have to clean the house again every morning, I'll be at school and Mr. B and Mr. G will have to listen to you."

A big box of fresh-picked peaches sits on my table--they were picked 2 days ago in Hotfessional's home state. Can anyone say peach jam? Yum! We had our first BLTs of summer last night for supper with peach crisp for dessert. I could eat like that every night.

I couldn't believe all those runners getting disqualified last night for stepping across their lane lines. How bitterly disappointing for them.

Now I'm going to find some caffeinated coffee--even if I have to drive all the way into town. Sweet holy java, let me press you to my lips and greet you with a loving kiss.

Between the cat photo and the terrible poetics, I won't blame any of you for never visiting this blog again.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar