Senin, 07 Juli 2008

Blech!

Five things I loathe that most other people adore:

1. Liquorice. The smell, the sight, the taste makes me want to vomit. Sad, because "Twizzler" is a fun word to say.

2. Perfume. Again--it's the smell. I don't like how my skin smells when I wear perfume and most of the time it seems perfume wears people, not the other way around. On a rare occasion a person will have a subtle scent about them that accentuates their personality and spirit. But most of the time? Hand me a tissue because I'm about to sneeze!

3. Boston. The band, not the city. I cannot stand the sound of them at a party, in a car, on a boat, in a bar.

4. Smelly lotions, body scrubs, etc. from The Body Shop or Bath and Body Works or anywhere else. There is no such thing as a "pearberry" or a "dewberry." It's just some nauseating made up smell from a factory in Ohio. The only smells I like are natural ones--patchouli, lemon, rosemary, mint, orange, lavender, eucalyptus--not the "factory-concocted-versions." Only the real deal. So if the smell isn't derived from natural oils? Ew.

5. Cocktails--especially fruity kiddie cocktails. I like REAL beer and wine. A gin and tonic on a hot summer day or a vodka lemonade. Fruity/iced tea/lemonade/wine cooler drinks in glass bottles? No thank you very much. If you're pouring light beer or wine coolers at your party, I'm drinking tap water. I hoot at Zima drinkers, scoff at Mike's Hard Lemonade sippers, and snicker at any fool drinking a bottled "margarita."

I know, picky, picky, picky. No weird smells, no liquorice, no fluffy fruity cocktails.


0 comments:

Posting Komentar