Senin, 18 Juni 2012

back from baltimore

I'm loaded down with work to do on my manuscript--plots to thread together, characters to scratch, sentences to recalibrate, nouns to modify, adjectives to fix.  Evidently I was quite fond of making my main character "tremble" each time the object of her adoration walked through the door.  TREMBLE!  Of all the sissified reactions to a man!  Funny to discover you've written in an action so consistently, too.  It's a tough thing to return home after a writing workshop with no time to write.  As usual, the Screw Iowa gals helped me immeasurably and I am refreshed from both their company and the infusion of estrogen.

Wine was drunk (but we weren't--haha!).  Museums were toured.  Laughter erupted.  We talked about politics, economics, literature, history and art.  Lauren and her husband were wonderful hosts.  And there was hugging.  Lots of hugging.

Re-entry is tough--Team Testosterone had a good week, but they've become soft and spoiled in my absence.  I've got to crack a whip over their heads, replenish the pantry and pull eleventy billion weeds that flourished in drought-like conditions while I was out of town.  You have to respect stuff like button weed, not only does it manage to firmly root itself in the most unwelcoming locations, it grows tall, mighty and GREEN without water or encouragement.  Everything else here is crispy brown at the edges, but the weeds somehow stay verdant and lush.  Perhaps I should re-think my garden plans--a flower bed of Queen Anne's Lace and Stinging Nettle would never need weeding.  Or watering or any other kind of attention.

But I digress--one of the Screw Iowa Gals, MK Graff, has a new Nora Tierney mystery recently published!  It's wonderful and I'll talk more about it tomorrow, but I'll leave you with this review and a giveaway.  Next Monday I'll pick one lucky winner from the comment box and mail them an autographed copy of The Green Remains.



Isn't that cover FABULOUS?
 
So spill it, reader.  A free book is at play.  What's growing unwanted in your garden?  (Non-gardeners can answer metaphorically, of course.)

0 comments:

Posting Komentar