* Mr. D switched our TV set to split-screen during the last quarter of the Super Bowl so I could watch Downton Abbey. With sound.
* Mr. B and I woke up early this morning and admired the moon. It made us both think of Star Wars. * Last night I couldn't sleep, so I took to the couch and read a book. While I was reading, Mr. G woke up with a nightmare and stumbled downstairs clutching a teddy bear and his soft blankey. "I had a bad dream." I asked him to tell me about it. "A bear," said the boy wearing bear jammy pants and clutching a large stuffed bear. "I see. I think you should lay down by me." We slept the rest of the night together in the living room, Mr. G comforted by me being near while I occasionally looked down at his peaceful face as he slept.
* Quiet evenings since Mr. D's been engrossed in good books. I love no TV at night.
* Meeting the PS librarian, who made it a point to tell me how much she enjoys my sons.
* Receiving a letter in the mail. A written letter.
* Going to a basketball game and the boys saw Speedy (last summer's "Manny") across the gym. They waved and waved and finally Speedy spotted us and came right over to watch the rest of the game with us. The boys were over the moon (because Speedy is so cool) and I thought it was so kind of him to join my sons in the bleachers and chat with us.
* Finding the perfect project to embark upon during this dry, snow-less, soulless winter. More on this tomorrow.
Spill it, reader. What has made life sweeter for you lately?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar