It's good to know most of you are dedicated tire-well-snowpack kickers. Here's another one for you to chew on: wtf was Target thinking when it added on a pharmacy without adjusting the store layout? Instead of bumping out some room, they slammed an entire pharmacy counter right against the regular-spaced aisle, which already is too small to accommodate two passing shopping carts. Bad enough to be wedged up against all and sundry when the pharmacist is asking about your digestion tract/itchy rash/contraceptive needs. But you're also stuffed against the Cold and Flu/Pain Relief aisle, so everyone walking past is oozing contagion. Only a real moron would design a store that way. (Writes the girl who prefers the drive-thru window at Walgreen's because FAST! CONVENIENT! NO IMPULSE PURCHASES! PRIVATE!) Target, you're making it awfully easy to quit you.
On the "new experiences" front, I took Mr. T to see a local high school production Saturday night. It was charming. I was glad to introduce him to some straight drama (actually, a comedy, but no songs). The performances were quite good for high school and we both enjoyed the night out. And cheap--even with a treat afterwards, I spent less than $20.
Today I got called in for my first shift as a substitute teacher. A couple weeks ago the school secretary at PS told me how difficult it's been to find subs. I asked what the requirements were--only a bachelor's degree. Well, with my Masters in Curriculum and Instruction and nearly a decade of teaching experience, I might be able to help you out... My application hasn't even been fully processed and my phone rang at 6:15 this morning. I got the gravy shift--middle school language arts. A morning of mostly vocab review, a little C.S. Lewis, and some grammar instruction, which I was fully equipped to teach. Go ahead--ask me anything about adverb phrases or adjective phrases.
The bonus is that this particular teacher only works until noon. It's a particular sort of person (me) who wants temporary work (me) on a part-time basis (me) with kids (me) without having to work in the summer (me). (Pop quiz: how many prepositional phrases were in that last sentence?)
Spill it, reader. Your thoughts on the Target pharmacy, high school theater or substitute teaching.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar