Peonies are so extravagant. How can one resist putting them on a header when they're smack-dab in the center of the front yard?
Where have I been? I could regale you with horror stories of movie boot camp or tenting it overnight with Boy Scout troop 145 or flying solo all weekend while Mr. D lived out a lifetime dream of going to Omaha to watch the NCAA World Series. I could moan about my to-do list, wax philosophical about the magic of fireflies or post pictures of cute boys.
What the heck, that last idea sounds pretty good.Mr. G and Jax. I like the dog better now that he's outdoors where he belongs. A lot less hair to sweep up. A lot less smell. A happier mutt who sleeps more because he's constantly getting played with or walked.
Speaking of walks, let's head out.More flowering shrubbery.
The stately iris blooms all over the yard. I have a nice battalion of irises growing in the front.
These yellow flowers thrive, but I have no idea what they are. I really like the variegated ones mixed in there.
Coral bells! Shocking pink, aren't they?
And electric blue salvia.
I'm coaxing the lupines along...
And tidying up this little spot. It's getting there, no? Speedy and I have our work cut out for the rest of the month back here.
Grassy paths beckon.
It's 10 degrees cooler in the woods and surprisingly dry to stomp about. I slapped a few 'skeeters nibbling behind my knees and neck, but ahhhh, that smell. And the silence.
The green shades of June are so hopeful, aren't they?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar