Kamis, 26 Mei 2011

Silhouettes and a Giveaway!

It's no secret that I adore silhouettes.  Soooo, I just had to share that Clay Rice, a renowned so-Southern silhouette artist and second generation master of his trade, will be in Atlanta cutting these delightful little memoirs in just a couple of weeks!


Mr. Rice will be at Limetree in Vinings (Atlanta) June 8 - 9 with black paper and surgical scissors in hand.  To book an appointment, call the store at 678-213-5463.  The fee is $40 for two copies and it just takes a few minutes.  Call quickly (trust me) because appointments book fast!


My own collection of silhouettes graces my family room wall - the top three are the PCP, Cookie and Bird (all Clay Rice pieces) and the bottom two are myself and Sister as children.

And, with the help of Mother, I even turned the little's likenesses into pillows!  What would I do without her?!? (more on the pillows here)
Last but not least, this brings me to my INAUGURAL blog giveaway - a signed copy of Clay Rice's children's book The Lonely Shadow!!!  This delightful little book tells the tale of a lonely boy shadow searching for a playmate.  To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below with your favorite summer read.  To double your chances, become a follower of my blog and leave a second comment letting me know that you follow!  Please note, the book below was personalized for Cookie.  The book I am giving away does not have a silhouette or a name - it is simply signed by Clay Rice :-)  I will randomly pick a winner Sunday night!!
Oh, and to triple the fun, hop on over to friend calliespondence's blog, follow her and comment there for a sweet note card giveaway!!  Her wares are simply DIVINE!!!


xoxo

0 comments:

Posting Komentar