Selasa, 05 April 2011

mud season has begun and I'm not wearing socks



Melting here, mud season is in full swing and my floors are gritty all the time. The sump pump stops running for a few minutes at a time before flushing out another 50 gallons of water. Our fields have become puddles of standing water, Mallards float in the ditches and cranes wade through the flooded prairies. I encase my feet and calves with my Wellingtons to go anywhere these days, but the boys do not so the laundry room always smells like wet, funky feet.


Change is afoot--and I'm shifting into a new position that still allows me to go barefoot. This has been in the works for months, but now I can officially announce that I'm back in the workforce again--as Mr. O's "Girl Friday" (yes, that's my formal title) at the karate school. My new duties will include teaching (barefoot) and working on marketing (barefoot), PR (barefoot), website management (barefoot), the monthly newsletter (barefoot) and writing the course curriculum for the dojo (barefoot). That's some evolution, eh?

Black belt, bare feet with time to exercise my green thumb.

I never would've predicted landing in this spot at this point in life thus attired. Spill it, reader. What do you wear to work?

Cheri brought THIS to my attention--how appropriate and how humbling. I confess, it's my luxury to go barefoot, but Toms One for One reminds me that not everyone enjoys the same lifestyle.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar