Jumat, 08 April 2011

little bits

* Just finished volunteering in Mr. G's Kindergarten classroom. His teacher is so amazing--I need to nominate her for a Kohl fellowship. Every. Single. Day. she brings her A Game. Just impressive as heck.

* Am reading Andre Dubus III's memoir Townie which is compelling and gritty. Am reading Nancy Mitford's Love in a Cold Climate as a palate cleanser before I fall asleep. She's like Jane Austen between the two World Wars. Wickedly witty.

* Could be related, but my dreams are vividly weird lately. Plus I'm awake half the night listening to the sump pump and enduring mild panic attacks about all the things I have to do.

* As a consequence of that, I wake up with puffy eyes. I've tried to remember to use the eye creme Mr. D gave me for Christmas. (The gift package included neck cream. There is a message to be read here, I'm sure of it.) Arbonne helpfully (NOT!) packages the creams and cleansers and toners and serums in similarly shaped and colored bottles, adding to my general confusion about what to use, when to use it and why. I slapped a little cream on my eyes the other night and the stinging! Fifteen minutes later, after soaking my face with cold washcloths and tears, my vision cleared and I looked at the bottle--I'd doused my lids and lashes with the SPF 15 Daytime Moisturizer. A concoction not intended for use near the eyes.
* I've tested some paint on two walls in our living room. I'm not entirely sold--the sample walls look kind of dark and I'm afraid that at night and on overcast days the room will feel too gloomy. Plus we've got Maple trim and it's tricky to balance warm and cool tones. I need to read up on decorating and figure out which walls I should paint darker and which should be lighter.

* Happily, when I went to the store to pick up swatches and a sample, I learned all the gallons are 40% off through the weekend. Lucky me! (If I can reach a decision quickly.)

* And I bought silver dress shoes. I tried on some strappy sandals, I need something to wear with summer dresses--but they showed too much of my ugly feet. I spent 30 minutes mulling over my choices, but after bringing home a pair of pumps and trying them on with 5 different dresses I think I did well. One of my longstanding wardrobe malfunctions has always been footwear. Basically, I need to make an effort. I'm horribly lazy on this count, but I know it and am committed to working through my fashion faux pas(es). (Or is the plural fashion faux pai?)

* I have a staff meeting on Saturday. A staff meeting!

Spill it, reader, in little bits. What's new?

0 comments:

Posting Komentar