Kamis, 24 Maret 2011

this just in

A snow day with a 6, 8 and 11-year-old goes by wicked fast. Best times of motherhood are happening right now. I think back of those snow days cooped up with toddlers and babies and they were so damn long. About the only thing I miss about that time is their cuteness. A fair trade-off for longer attention spans, less mess, no diapers and skillful use of cups and spoons. All the stuff that drove me batshit crazy when they were little? Like making them popcorn for a movie or setting up craft supplies or game pieces? Piece of cake now. I had no compunction making popcorn for them while they watched Scooby Doo in their ginormous cardboard cars (made out of appliance boxes) in the living room. We played Yahtzee, Cranium, Mario Cart. (Boy, do I SUCK at Mario Cart--I came in 8th on one race--but after points got calculated I still came in last. What an ego blow. How can I be Team Testosterone's full-time designated driver and crash Princess Pea off the edge of Coconut Mall every single lap? Based on our Mario Cart scores, Mr. G should be driving the Momvan.)

The baseball season is officially delayed in Wisconsin for weeks I'm guessing. This makes for one crabby coach.

Nevertheless, when you have kids between ages 6 and 11 life is good.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar