Today we have a blizzard. The roads are terrible and getting worse throughout the day. Yesterday, when the roads were fine, I got next to nothing done between sitting home waiting for the doctor to return my call and visiting my grandma a half hour away.
I shoulda spent today waiting for the doctor to call and gone grocery shopping yesterday. I coulda had a pantry full of food and a Momvan emptied of stuff destined for the Thrift Shop. I woulda felt less crabby doing what I wanted to do instead of waiting on other people. I shoulda gotten my errands run when the roads were good instead of holding the phone to my ear listening to Muzak. I coulda faced the rest of the week with less apprehension. I woulda felt less annoyed by my grandma if I didn't have the burden of Things To Do hanging around my neck.
I wonder if my good deeds count when my heart isn't in them.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar