Kamis, 08 Juli 2010

garden walk

The weeds and everything I've planted this year are doing fabulous with all the rain and hot weather helping them along. Sure, it looks like it's all coneflowers and butterflies, but I assure you, we've got mosquitoes and thistles and slugs.


Here's the potager this year--quite an improvement over last! I notice we've got green beans to pick already. Mr. D gave me that garden bench for Christmas, a pleasant spot to stop and admire everything.


And beside it I've started a wild garden.

I planted a bunch of extras--sunflowers, coneflowers, lilies and irises!
The daisies this year are as prolific as the pigweed (and that's saying something).

And lilies! Good ol' reliable lilies.

Hollyhocks, of course.

Our front garden has gotten pretty wild. I like it this way.


And of course there are the pots. What's more charming than pots of annuals on a porch?

I'm off to weed a little, pick a little and deadhead a little. Happy Thursday, reader!

0 comments:

Posting Komentar