Rabu, 23 Juni 2010

Globs! Taking over the world!

Many things about our local school district fail to inspire my confidence. In particular, I've had a very verbal and well-documented (by me!) beef with the "technology coordinator." (See this post for a little taste of the ongoing debacle.) This woman, who I shall call "The Hack," has wasted tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars on fixing outdated computers (10 years and older!). She's in over her head and far behind in knowledge for her job, yet no one seems in any hurry to get rid of her. That's seniority and union protection working, I guess. If I was her boss, I'd demand she get training or replace her. Crazy idea, huh? But I hear there are some qualified people looking for work... I find it unbelievable that someone with such a deplorable skill set has such an important job. But perhaps our school district runs like Congress (haha).

Imagine my guffaws this morning whilst reading The Hack's letter enclosed in the district's newsletter--mailed to every. single. resident. in. our. district. This plea for donations for the "Happyland School District Technology Support Fund" began like this:

"iPods! Twitter! Globs! UTube! Nings! Facebook! Netbooks! Google! Technology is all around us."

Yes, that is verbatim what she wrote. I'll spare you the rest of her error-ridden correspondence, except to say that it'll be a cold day in Hell before I consider supporting The Hack's technology plan.

I'm going to hide in my basement--safe from the Globs taking over the world--and the giant UTubes that may or may not suck my brains out, rendering me a quivering wreck.

Sheesh.


0 comments:

Posting Komentar