Kamis, 27 Mei 2010

off to the mountains


My bags are packed--only bringing the carry-on this time around, and woe to the bulky business traveler who thinks he can hog all the space in the overhead bin. This time I'm claiming my 36 square inches of free cargo room!

I always get a little heady when I leave--the sweet freedom of being around 4 of my favorite women for 6 days of discussing books, writing and everything deep in-between. Did I mention this comes with a mountain view, Nina Romano's divine cooking, a case of wine, a private bedroom and bathroom and all the cheese I care (or dare!) to eat? I can't wait to hear about Lauren Small's newest work in progress and dish about the newest Nora Tierney mystery with MK Graff. And help Mariana Damon revise a book for a YA audience. I'm terribly excited.

And equally morose--what if my plane crashes? I insist to Mr. D that he find a suitable wife STAT--my sons need a good mother. He assures me he'll never remarry and and gives me a brisk, worried kiss. I place my hands on Mr. G's sweet cheeks and tweak his freckled nose. I give my skinny Mr. B a good hug and rub my chin against his silky-soft hair. I wrap my arms around Mr. T, who always takes my absence the hardest, and inhale his sweet scent to memorize it. Home is where my heart is and I've become rooted to one place.

I'll be back in June--with DOUBLE FABULOUS because May got away from me!

0 comments:

Posting Komentar