Poor Mr. D--like most men of a certain ... ahem...age, he's wearing the full body armour of denial. But when the man asks me to read the numbers off a credit card to him--well, it's time for some reading glasses. He'd come home from work with a head ache, resist reading for pleasure, hold bills and menus and newspapers closer and further from his face to achieve some semblance of focus--all for the want of eyeglasses. Even after trying on reading glasses at Flanagan's Wine Review one night (several strengths and styles helpfully provided on each table), he had to confess he needed reading glasses, but refused to get them. "That's like admitting I'm old," he argued.
When I got an offer from GlassesUSA to review free prescription glasses, I shot an email back, "I don't wear glasses because I am young and practically perfect in every way. But my husband could use a pair of reading glasses...any chance I could get a pair and review them on his behalf?" To my surprise, both Hillary from Glasses USA and Mr. D agreed to that arrangement. I pass on dozens of offers to review products, but for the sake of my husband and the future of his ability to function in literate society, I chose to review these eyeglasses.
Ordering the glasses online was easy--they offer a full range eyeglass frames--metal, plastic, and titanium in every imaginable style. I liked how the GlassesUSA set up their web site, too. You can shop by price range, gender, lens type or material. Navigation around the site is simple and the price for almost every pair I looked at was under $50. My sole complaint is that they don't show the frames on models, the eyeglasses are shown alone so it's tough to imagine what they might look like on differently shaped faces and heads, but that's a risk you take with shopping for anything online--from blue jeans to earrings.
After much deliberation, I finally selected Politico Gunmetal. Four days later they arrived in our mailbox packaged in a sturdy case with a polishing cloth. Mr. D was delighted. He's pleased to see clearly now and has spent hours reading and working on Sudoku puzzles with his new glasses. They're very comfortable, lightweight and well-made. He has never worn glasses before and wears these for hours on end without complaint or notice. His head is pretty big and the frames are wonderfully flexible--he was surprised at that since every pair of sunglasses he's ever worn have been tight on his head. Mr. D's new glasses from Glasses USA fit well and they're attractive on him. (Yes, it's true, Green Girl will make passes on men who wear glasses--just ask Mr. D!)
Finally, I'm happy to endorse Glasses USA because they produce quality eyeglasses in New Jersey, and I prefer to buy products made in the USA when I can. The company recycles returned eyeglasses by donating all of their returned eyeglasses to various organizations around the US who fit prescriptions to people all over the world who can't afford vision care.
If you or your spouse, child, or friend need eyeglasses of any kind, check out Glasses USA. They've generously agreed to offer my readers 10% off their final order. Use the coupon code "refer" when you're checking out on their site--the coupon code never expires. I'm not getting any more from Glasses USA other than the free pair of reading glasses for Mr. D and the bliss that comes from gloating because I'm right and got him to finally cave and wear reading glasses, but should I ever need to buy another pair, I'm heading to their web site. I told you reading glasses would make life better, Mr. D. You should always listen to my wisdom.
Spill it, reader, do you use eyeglasses? Contacts? Have you had corrective surgery so they're not necessary any longer?
0 comments:
Posting Komentar