It's been quite the week here. Let's start with this newspaper headline from our local paper:
And people think nothing exciting happens in the country! That took place less than 2 miles from our house.
There was the most gorgeous full moon shining against a few wispy clouds Saturday night. Made me wish I was a real photographer.
We had play dates and parties, play doh and even a Nerf War this weekend.
I put out the few Valentine's Day decorations we have. A few years ago the boys and I made this for our table:
I introduced the boys to The Jetsons this weekend, too. Over breakfast Sunday before church they asked me what I thought the future would be like when I was a little girl. I told them I figured for sure we'd be walking around in cool silver space jumpsuits by the year 2010 and flying around in our own personal space crafts. Robots would do our housework and meals would practically prepare themselves. I was heavily influenced by The Jetsons it turns out--I told them so and they said, "Who?" Well, thank goodness for the Internet--and I can tell you I had NO idea the importance computers would play in the future. I could get my kids hooked on watching my childhood favorites--commercial free no less! (I've got to see if I can watch Gidget online now!) In an interesting side note, in the second episode we watched, George was telling Jane about the Brand new 3D television sets just coming out. The Jetsons was more apt at predicting life in the future than I'd remembered!

Mr. T helped me impartially pick a winner for the First Fabulous. We got the big mixing bowl out and he tossed around all the paper scraps with names written on them.
The First Fabulous Winner is Jenn from Perspective Required!
Jenn's got a daughter who reads in as crazy positions as Jen on the Edge's daughter, so I'm confident she'll give Barrie Summy's I So Don't Do Spooky a good home.

0 comments:
Posting Komentar