Totally out of batteries and camera WILL NOT WORK so alas, no photographic proof exists of the Great Blizzard of '09 aka Winter Storm Allison.
Snow has drifted freakishly high in places.
All my windows are caked with snow & frost.
I battened down the hatches, but 40 mph winds took a rain barrel clear to the front yard anyway.
Sugar cookie cut outs are decorated & baked.
Christmas letter is written & approved.
Mr. D stayed home as well.
He is sick and loving his leather recliner, book, cider and gas fireplace.
Roads and driveway both impassable.
Neighbor called at 6:00 a.m. for help in driveway.
On way home from church last night we saw NO other cars at ALL for over 5 miles. Eerie. We were traveling at 30 mph on a road I usually take at 60. The roads were THAT bad.
I got some very sweet Christmas gifts from some of my church kids.
Three of my room leaders did not show and the crafts involved glue, glitter and sequins.
I'm glad to be done with church children for a few weeks.
I shall finish the Mad Housewife wine tonight while signing Christmas cards.
The woods looks beautiful all flocked with snow.
I will try to get batteries tomorrow.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar