Jumat, 20 November 2009

wanting and some spite

Mr. B wants glasses. He's been wearing the pair from Mr. T's Harry Potter costume and looks pretty darn cute in them.
Mr. T wants to shoot a deer this weekend. He knows he can't actually shoot it, but he has visions of bringing home a freezer full of venison.
Mr. G wants to play on my computer all the time lately.
Mr. D wants it to be Thanksgiving because TURKEY! (and stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, bread and pie.)
I wanted Attila's son to get better and he has. You can read about that here.
I want less clutter in my house and today I took the fourth load to the thrift shop in three months. We've done NO shopping for "stuff"--everything has been consumable or replacement goods, except for Mr. B's birthday. Despite my efforts, I feel like we're drowning in stuff. I think I'd be very happy living in a bare room with a view and a cot lately.
I want our downtown to stop dying. Today I read that my other favorite store is closing. Where will I get my locally made soap and candles? Organic peanut butter and tea? I miss the bookstore that closed this summer. There's little reason for me to go downtown anymore.
I want politicians to quit wasting our time and money and sign a damn health care bill already. I want them to fund all reproductive health procedures. And if they don't, I want them to strip all funding of Viagra and any other treatment of erectile dysfunction because that would seem a little more just.
I want Sarah Palin to go away. Mostly because I find it appalling that she didn't actually write a book that is a best seller and I have actually written five (and revised and rewritten) and can't get anyone to buy them. How is that fair? Plus she annoys me with all her fake folksy talk. I want to scream back at her "I'm a lazy person who hates hocky and I'm still patriotic! Kiss off!" Her book should've been published as an interview or a biography, not as her own work if she were to be truly honest about it. And isn't honesty patriotic?
I want to eat Shepherd's Pie with a pint of Guinness.

Spill it, reader. What do you want? Feel free to leave your spiteful comments behind, I found the last paragraph a little cathartic.

0 comments:

Posting Komentar