Fall came bearing down on us Sunday night like a conservative tea party--complete with the screaming wind and petulant harangue of cold nastiness. Suddenly I am caught between my cozy couch with a stack of inside work and a vast list of outdoor chores. If I wait, it might get colder and more miserable out there, making the easiest jobs impossible with frozen fingers and strong winds. If I hunker down and do the outdoor work now, it could become warm and balmy in another two weeks, making window washing and garden harvesting infinitely more tolerable. I despise fall--changing leaves and apple cider aside, it means winter is around the corner.
Every weekend in October is slated for something and I'm forced to make tough decisions about What Will Get Finished and What Will Have to Wait Until Goodness Knows When.
Meanwhile, the boys have school pictures tomorrow and they need haircuts, we have a hundred mosquitoes breeding in our bathroom, Mr. B is insisting on a birthday party at home complete with time-sucking crafty decorations and games, and candidate training is taking ALL of my spare time and making my hips ache. Or maybe it's the changing weather making my joints hurt.
0 comments:
Posting Komentar